It is 4 am and I hope all of you are dreaming of Moon Lilies! In the meanwhile I'm up again for my daily dose of "bi khabi" or sleeplessness. I ck the usual places, FB, email, Linkedin. Nothing interesting or pressing. Depressing may be! But as usual the silence wraps me like a blanket. Good time to ponder the big questions of life. What will 2013 be for me? Another depressing year? Not if I can help it.
2013 will mean packing up and moving after 15 years in this house. But where? My beloved town of Berkeley, where all my college friends and politically minded friends still live. What if they've changed and want nothing to do with me? Possible! What is more possible is my lack of energy to move. How can I get the Mountain of Things I have collected over 15 years, out of this house? God help me!!! Any way what about work? Hell no! Who wants to work, when I can be poor? From rich to poor in less than 2 years. Good job Moon Lily! Yeah, unemployed workers of the world unite! Who the hell said "go,work. Don't ask what is work. Because work is eternal wealth."* برو كار ميكن مگو چيست كار، كه سرماييه جاودانى است كار. Well he totally lied! Not working is just fabulous!
And also Who the hell said women should work outside of the home, instead of raising their kids? Boy, were they misguided! Tired and burnt out, how the hell are you supposed to do a good job with your kids. Oh, wait, you make good money working, so get a nanny to raise your kid. Smart, totally smart!
Okay all this depressing stuff is creating acid in my stomach and starting to hurt. Better to go to work, keep the status quo going. God forbid we question the established norms of the world. Work, work, work, so you can buy, buy, buy, so you can send the kid to college, pay the mortgage and put food on the table, till you drop dead! That's a good life! Something to look forward to in 2013!
__________________________________
Sa'adi, a very famous Iranian poet said this statement in a poem.
Wednesday, January 2, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment